This season, shares will be available for purchase and each share entitles the holder to a percentage of ownership of the herd. Once purchased, you will own a portion of the herd as it stands today: alive in the pasture.
Each shareholder will be required to compensate the herd manager for boarding, fattening, slaughtering, cutting and wrapping, sausage making (if applicable), freezing and delivering the meat to your choice community.
What would be an example of meat that we can expect a HALF share to produce?
Each HALF share takes up about 3.5 to 4 cubic feet of space and will vary slightly due to carcass size but will yield at least 40 lbs of cut and wrapped meat as follows:
- 2 shoulder roasts (3-4 lbs each) (boneless blade and bone-in cross-rib)
- 3 – 3/4” prime rib steaks
- 1 pack of short ribs
- 3 – 3/4” t-bone steaks
- 3 – 3/4” sirloin or 1” tenderloin steaks
- 1 round roast (3-4 lbs)
- 1 sirloin tip roast (2-4 lbs)
- 3 - 3/4” round steaks
- 1 pack of stewing beef (1.5 lb packs)
- 10 packs of ground beef (1.5 lb packs)
- offal (liver, heart, tongue, etc) when requested
For shareholders that purchase a FULL share, custom cutting instructions will happily be taken if requested.
Thanks for your interest. It will be a great season!